Rueil-Malmaison (France), September 2, 2011 – Schneider Electric is pleased to announce that it is joining forces with Telvent to offer more complete and efficient solutions to their customers, following the successful completion of the acquisition of Telvent by Schneider Electric.
Telvent strong positioning in infrastructures and best-in-class software & IT capabilities fits particularly well with Schneider Electric energy and process management expertise and global presence. It opens the way for customers to new enhancements and unique offerings in the following markets:
- Within Smart Grid, Telvent grid monitoring and control software complements Schneider Electric field level offer, to enable a more efficient, flexible and secure grid;
- Within Oil & Gas and Water infrastructure, Telvent complements Schneider Electric integrated architecture EcoStruxureTM to deliver a leading information management solution for piloting, monitoring and optimizing networks;
- The world-class Telvent weather information services will add significant value across all existing and future Schneider Electric offers, delivering considerable operational benefits in Energy, Transportation, Water… and many other markets;
- In Transportation, Telvent intelligent traffic solutions complements Schneider Electric offer in Electrical Vehicle, Security Monitoring and Energy Management for Smarter Cities;
- Telvent’s strong Agriculture and Global Services businesses will be further expanded through Schneider Electric global coverage.
“I’m convinced that, together, Telvent and Schneider Electric will answer our Customers’ sustainability and efficiency challenges for today and tomorrow!” – said Michel Crochon, Executive Vice President Energy Business, Schneider Electric.
Ignacio González Domínguez, Telvent’s Chairman and CEO, said: “Our Customers will continue to receive the same excellent services and solutions they know and trust. Furthermore this unique combination will reinforce customer benefits thanks to new enhancements and offerings”.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine manufacturers, Non-residential buildings, Data centers & Networks, and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group’s 110,000 plus employees achieved sales of 20 billion euros in 2010, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
Telvent is a global IT solutions and business information services provider dedicated to helping improve efficiency, safety and security for the world’s leading companies. Telvent serves markets that are critical to the sustainability of the planet, including the energy, transportation, agricultural and environmental sectors. (www.telvent.com)